Monday, February 25, 2008

Update from Tom and Linda Gapp

Jambo,

We had a wonderful worship experience at the Karansi parish today. A service that lasted almost three hours, but we witnessed our second baptism and had communion. I liked Pastor Joshua; he invited us to go to a house blessing. So...10 Karansi members rode with us in the bus, singing hymns as we drove to the house. This was to be a few minutes but they offered us food! I simply could not eat so I joined the youth choir and danced with them. (I always wanted to dance in the African choir)

The most meaningful part of the trip, for Tom and me, is visiting the schools. Most of the schools have sang their school song and the head girl has thanked us for caring for orphans. This has been very touching, and brings a few tears. However, the schools are very poor.
The headmaster/headmistress work very hard to encourage the students.
Our time here will end soon, two more schools to visit tomorrow.

You are blessed! Linda

No comments: