We arrived back at Uhuru Hostel about 1:00 this afternoon- it is so hot and humid here but trying to remember all our loved ones freezing back in Nebraska so we're not complaining! Safari was quite the adventure. We spent the first night (Monday) at the wildlife lodge at Ngorongora Crater - What a beautiful place! We sate out on the deck overlooking the crater and trying to spot wildlife down in the crater through binoculars. Everything was so lush because of all the rain this summer - the birds and flowers and foliage were incredible - They say these parts of Africa are as close to the way God created the earth as any place and it is certainly easy to celebrate our awesome Creator in places like this and imagine what "In the beginning...." looked like. In the morning we headed down to the crater. It was again quite muddy but we saw lots of wildlife- zebras, wildebeasts, hippos, flamingos, zebras etc. - there will be great pictures to show when we get home! In the afternoon we headed for the Serengeti and Seronera Wildlife Lodge where we spent the next two nights. We safaried (I don't think that's really a word) for most of two days and saw lots more animals, lots of giraffe, cheetas, a leopard, hippos, a crocodile, lions, and lots of unique birds. The uncomfortable part of these four days of adventure has been all the time in the vans traveling over muddy, rocky, bumpy roads, but otherwise things could not be going better. We spent last night at Lake Manyara Lodge and woke up to quite a wind and rain storm in the night. That was another incredibly beautiful place! Several of us have had our turn with the Immonium AD but nothing serious.
It was wonderful to see the beautiful faces of the children when we got back toMoshi - did not see many children onSafari! We're excited to head out to our sister parish later this afternoon. It was fun to see the other Sheridan group as we were ready to sit down to lunch. I will not be back in the Internet Cafe until Monday night - hard to believe we have been here over a week already! And only six days left. Thank you for all of your prayers. I miss you all and yes Greg I have not thought about work at all! Much love, Kathy
Saturday, February 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Things are going well her in frigid NE. I just had coffee with the 2 bus ladies that Al brought for 8:30 church. I am still working on prayer team for Bob Hall - lots of members, few leaders with a servant's heart, but I shall overcome! SCROLL is due this coming Wed and I will schedule a support group meeting or two and see how that goes. Kathy Ahrendt has crocheted 3 prayer shawls already and we presented our first shawl to Helene Mayhew (ovarian cancer treatments). Mon and tues are meal min cooking day and Kathy & I will preset shawls to Florine Mills and Maxine Kelle. She has one more in the works - amazing- talk about a servant heart!
Enjoy every moment remaining. We are doing well, but miss you. Love and Prayers, Cheri
Things are going well her in frigid NE. I just had coffee with the 2 bus ladies that Al brought for 8:30 church. I am still working on prayer team for Bob Hall - lots of members, few leaders with a servant's heart, but I shall overcome! SCROLL is due this coming Wed and I will schedule a support group meeting or two and see how that goes. Kathy Ahrendt has crocheted 3 prayer shawls already and we presented our first shawl to Helene Mayhew (ovarian cancer treatments). Mon and tues are meal min cooking day and Kathy & I will preset shawls to Florine Mills and Maxine Kelle. She has one more in the works - amazing- talk about a servant heart!
Enjoy every moment remaining. We are doing well, but miss you. Love and Prayers, Cheri
Jordan's description of "Worship at Mudio" was absolutely awesome. I'm sure the welcoming by children and band filled you with emotion. We're sending you much love and many prayers.
Post a Comment