
Hello blog-readers! I can't believe that our time in Tanzania is almost over. This team has been blessed in so many ways- new relationships, good conversations, and safe journeys in and out of Ngororoogoro Crater, despite the mud! God continues to reveal himself everywhere!
For me, this trip was mostly about building relationships with the people of Mudio. I had met them last year, but now that I've actually been able to spend time with them- working, playing, learning swahili, singing, dancing, worshipping, eating, and praying together- I now know names, faces, and even their stories. As Jordan wrote earlier, it's amazing how close you can become after just five days of being together. It was difficult to leave Mudio and difficult, for me, to just be a tourist after such an intense time of mission.
For our group, it was an honor to see the relaxed Mudio. By our fifth day, all the formality of our visit was over and Pastor Munisi- who hadn't been feeling well all week- was laughing and joking around with us. I definitely feel like I have a home here should I ever move to Tanzania! This team has truly exemplified partnership by (sometimes literally) walking with the people here. What a testamnet to the fellowship we have with Christ! My prayer is that we can continue to walk with them wherever we go.
For me, this trip was mostly about building relationships with the people of Mudio. I had met them last year, but now that I've actually been able to spend time with them- working, playing, learning swahili, singing, dancing, worshipping, eating, and praying together- I now know names, faces, and even their stories. As Jordan wrote earlier, it's amazing how close you can become after just five days of being together. It was difficult to leave Mudio and difficult, for me, to just be a tourist after such an intense time of mission.
For our group, it was an honor to see the relaxed Mudio. By our fifth day, all the formality of our visit was over and Pastor Munisi- who hadn't been feeling well all week- was laughing and joking around with us. I definitely feel like I have a home here should I ever move to Tanzania! This team has truly exemplified partnership by (sometimes literally) walking with the people here. What a testamnet to the fellowship we have with Christ! My prayer is that we can continue to walk with them wherever we go.
No comments:
Post a Comment